Artesania Decoupling Discs
These decoupling discs made by Artesania Audio isolate equipment racks from any time of external vibration coming from solid transmission.
Individual decoupling discs:
The decoupling discs are available individually in 3 sizes and do not come with any damping pads. Damping pads make a difference in the sonic behavior of your equipment racks and overall sound performance of the audio system, and can be purchased separately to pair up with each disc ordered:
- The Improved disc measures 1.7 inches (45mm) across and is .6 inches tall (15mm).
- The Prestige disc measures 2.4 inches (60mm) across and is .8 inches tall (20mm).
- The Exoteryc disc measures 3.9 inches (100mm) across and is 1.2 inches tall (30mm).
Damping bases are available in Delrin in white (sometimes black), Neoprene in black, and Beechwood in wood finish:
(Hifi-advice has a great review with more detailed listening notes about the different bases here)
- Delrin, white damping pads (sometimes they make them in black) have insulating effect, but not absorptive or damping. They don’t increase the overall absorption coefficient from the cabinet. (Most commonly used in cases where the room has been acoustically treated).
- Neoprene, black damping pads are absorbent. They increase the overall absorption coefficient from the cabinet. (Most commonly used in cases where the room has not been acoustically treated).
- Beech wood with wood finish are great for mid-range.
There are no reviews yet.